Tilly and the Buttons Dressmaking Pattern: Rosa
ROSA SHIRT + SHIRT DRESS
SEW AN IMPRESSIVE BUTTON-DOWN!
Make your own stylish shirt or shirt dress with this step-by-step sewing pattern.
Rosa has a flattering semi-fitted shape thanks to gently curved princess seams on both front and back. Our favourite feature is the pointed back yoke, which looks stunning highlighted with decorative topstitching or piping.
You'll learn to construct a two-piece collar and stand, with a separate button stand facing so you can make a feature out of contrast fabric. The three-quarter length roll-up sleeves are held up with narrow button tabs. It's finished with mock felled seams, a gently curved dipped hem, and optional pointed pockets.
PRINTED PATTERN - You’ll receive a gorgeous printed package in the post containing full scale pattern sheets and a colour instruction booklet.
SKILL LEVEL - Improvers
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS – Medium- and light-weight woven fabrics, such as cotton lawn, chambray, lighter weight denim, fine needlecord, double gauze, linen blends, viscose (rayon), shirting cotton.
- Fabric - Shirt: All Sizes – 2m (2 1/4 yds) x 150cm (60in) wide / 2.6m (2 7/8 yd) x 115cm (45in) wide
Shirt Dress: Sizes 1-4 – 2.2m (2 3/8 yds) x 150cm (60in) wide / 3.1m (3 3/8 yds) x 115cm (45in) wide
Shirt Dress: Sizes 5-8 – 2.6m (2 7/8 yds) x 150cm (60in) wide / 3.1m (3 3/8 yds) x 115cm (45in) wide
- Matching thread
- 10–13mm (3/8–1/2in) buttons x 10 (for shirt) or x 12 (for shirt dress)
- Iron-on interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- Optional: 2 spools of contrast topstitching weight thread and topstitching/embroidery needle for your machine
- Sewing machine and tools, incl buttonhole foot