Tilly and the Buttons Dressmaking Pattern: Arielle
Perfect for Confident Beginners!
Arielle is an asymmetric pencil or mini skirt with an adorable button opening to one side. Long darts and a high waistline create a flattering, figure-hugging shape. The unlined version is an ideal project for confident beginners, or take your sewing prowess up a notch by adding an optional luxury lining.
Like all Tilly and the Buttons sewing patterns, Arielle includes jargon-busting instructions, helpful sewing tips, and colour photos showing you each step – making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Medium-weight woven fabrics such as stretch cotton, sateen, denim, gabardine, brocade, suiting, pincord, lighter weight canvas or wools. Choose something with enough body to hold the shape, but not too thick or the darts will be bulky. A touch of stretch would be a bonus.
- Fabric – 0.9m (1 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide for sizes 1-3 OR 1.6 (1 3/4 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide for size 4-8 OR 1.7m (1 7/8 yards) x 115 (45in) wide for all sizes
- Matching thread
- Optional: Lining fabric - 0.7m (7/8 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 1.3m (1 1/2 yards) x 115cm (40in) wide for all sizes
- 1m (1 yard) iron-on interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- 6 - 8 x 2cm (3/4in) buttons
- Sewing machine and basic tools, incl buttonhole foot